Monday, September 6, 2010

aftershocks and early morning facebooking.

We had two major aftershocks that were 5.4 on the richter scale. First time I had been scared about all this earthquake-y stuff.

At my old school when I was 10 maybe, we had an earthquake hit. It wasn't as bad and I don't remember much of it but I remember being told to hide under the table. I never really understood that. If the roof is going to collapse and fall on my table it'll probably make the table fall in and crush me as well. Either way, OUCH!

You know those fire drills you do at school? Knowing that it was a fire drill made me walk a little slower to get to the field. Oh, and there was no way that if it was a real fire that I would leave my bag still in the building. I would hate myself later if I found out that something in my bag had been burnt. There was this girl in my class who used to cry at every drill. It would annoy the hell out of me but I still gave her a hug and reminded her that there is no fire and that we're just practicing for when there is one.

Anyway, completely terrified about the aftershocks, I haven't slept a lot. I've had three to maybe four hours sleep and am now babbling my way though this. I have this weird tasting raspberry flavoured fizzy beside me. I want chocolate. Will you get me some please?

I hate trying to read something spelt wrong, or in text language. It just puts me off. If you're reading this and you do one of either of them I'm sorry but it's the truth. Peanut Butter, I hate it. It's all gross! Crushed up peanuts and eew. I don't like jelly either. It's all jiggly.

My dad wont let me watch Juno. It's making me sad. I love this movie and I am not allowed to watch it! It's insanity. We're watching Serenity though, I like this movie. It has an odd sense of humour and has a chick kickin' ass. That's badass.

Random Question
*What have you been thinking about lately?
 - I've been thinking of relationships. Why we enter in them and why we get hurt so much when we leave them. It's different for everybody. But, at some time after a relationship has broken there's either hurt, sadness, or anger at someone. We always have some kind of negative feeling about it because of something that was said, or the bad moments that were shared. Why can't we celebrate it? Celebrate being in the relationship, ending it, and the start of a new relationship to come. Celebrate the things that we shared, said, and laughed about, instead of mourning over it. What's there to be sad about? We had our try at finding the one person who could possibly live with us and care for us in sickness and in health (see what I did there?) and that didn't work out so now we have to go back and find that person. We're playing a game, and all the twists and turns are the relationships that haven't worked out. In the end, if you're good at the game, you win and find that person.

                                          this is one doodle that can't be undid homeskillett.

3 comments:

  1. disowned. HOW CAN ANYBODY IN THEIR RIGHT (or left) MIND NOT LIKE PEANUT BUTTER? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry, i don't like peanuts full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dearest daughter!
    I did not say you could not watch Juno, I merely made it clear that I do not like this god-awful movie. My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of moral statement on teen pregnancy, adoption or abortion. You know me well enough to know that my views on these things are not only liberal but pragmatic as well.
    I simply find the lead character (Juno?) to be a pretentious, over opinionated yet under informed, obnoxious, stereotypically rebellious teen. I have had the misfortune to know too many people like her, who find it necessary to 'work' at being apart from the mainstream. They postulate so much about their right to be different that they forget simply to be!
    Wow! How's that for a rant!!!
    Love you my beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete