Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We thought we were right but they knew we weren't. Such a shame we don't care.

I am blogging again. I've been a bit busy lately what with school starting again.

My friend told me today that we should document how we felt and what happened to us during the earthquake. I've already done that in my journal but I'll share it.

Like the idiot I can be sometimes I was still up when the earthquake started, I was reading. Don't judge me. Anyway, as I said. I was reading. When the earthquake started I thought that it would be a small little shake that I didn't need to worry about till later. I wouldn't have gotten up if it wasn't for my brother bursting into the hall screaming "EARTHQUAKE!" that was when I thought that it might be a bit bigger than I actually thought. I scrambled out of bed and fell over a couple of times when i tried to stand up. When I got to the door of my room the power went out and I couldn't see if my brother and dad were safely under the doorways. I did hear them though, so I knew they were there. The shakes didn't last too long after we had gotten up and then we went around looking for torches. We couldn't find any so I decided to use the candles that i had. Lit the candles and sat down in the lounge just waiting out for any aftershocks and checking facebook from our phones to see how everyone is and if they felt it as well.

We did all that and didn't realize till later that day when we woke up again how badly the earthquake could have been and how bad it was already. Knowing that I was that much closer to losing my friends did scare me but I knew they were fine and all i could do is hope they stay safe. On Monday I was ready to see friends and my dad was fine with me going out.

I wasn't scared for a while but then one night I just freaked out and got horrified whenever a shake happened.

Damn you websites for distracting me from my important blog. GREAT NEWS. I am going to be in 101 for Science next year! I can't wait, I want to do Chemistry in year 12. I want to be a writer, a musician, an archaeologist, and your mum. *sigh* This blog is failing pretty much a lot.

OH! For english we had an assignment to write about an important person in our life, my friend is writing about me. How sweet?! I read the draft today and I thought I might happy cry.

I'm suprised people actually read this crap that i write... mind you, i do tell them to.. but still. They listen.

Random Question
*What were you like as a kid?
 - In all honesty? I don't remember much of anything about myself as a person until maybe 13? And at that age i was like just about every other teen. I thought I knew everything. I was stubborn (still am, the joy) and just.. shy. I'm so shy! But, writing helps me, i guess.

                                              That's not what your mum said last night...

2 comments:

  1. i cannot imagine you as shy! hahaha, i pictured you as this super hyper crazy skidddo.

    i have no idea what an earthquake would be like...but i was so scared for you D:

    you can't use school as an excuse for not blogging. i blog almost every night and i go to school -__- slack, tinny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to be so shy! but shh! ;) not so shy anymore *SUPERWINKFACE* i'm super hyper most of the time now... basically.

    it was pretty scary after a while.. but now everyone is just like -_- go away.

    well, i blame my traumatized state for not blogging more often. the earthquake traumatized me... :D

    ReplyDelete